Friday, May 6, 2011

A Love Like None Other

I know it's been quite a while since I have updated the blog but being a mother of a newborn is a very busy life.  Grant is almost 6 months now.  As I'm thinking of the approaching date of the 16th that will mark his 6 month birthday, I think back on how quickly the past months have flown by.  I honestly can't believe that my baby will be 6 months old.  I can't believe that he is up on his knees trying to crawl.  I can't believe that he is eating solids.  I can't believe that he smiles and laughs all day long.  And I honestly can't believe that I have the honor of being his mother. 

I find myself looking back at pictures of when I was pregnant and of Grant's birth.  I remember every detail so vividly.  I remember the overwhelming feeling of joy when I found out I was pregnant.  I remember the overflowing pride of when we found out we were having a boy.  I remember the pure raw emotion of when Grant finally entered the world and I heard the most wondoruous sound of his cry.  And I remember feeling like the luckiest mom in the world when I finally got to hold my baby boy and look into his eyes for the first time. 

Being a mom is the best job in the world and I have loved every single minute of it.  Grant has really been an easy baby.  He has slept through the night since he was 8 weeks old.  I haven't felt tired from lack of sleep.  Needless to say, most moms let me know that I'm really lucky.  He loves to be on a schedule and if you throw him off by even 15 minutes, he is going to let you know he doesn't like it.   

I've always known what love is and what it feels like to be loved and to love others. But I never realized how much I could love someone until Grant came along. The smiles that he gives me and Jeremiah are priceless and are unlike any that he gives others. The recognition in his eyes when he looks at me is undeniable. When other people are holding him and he constantly looks back to make sure that I'm still there melts my heart. He is such a special baby. A baby that I prayed for long and hard. Sometimes it still seems hard to believe that my prayers were answered and that we were blessed with such a beautiful happy baby boy. We sure were given such a special gift...we love you Grant!






No comments:

Post a Comment